Pagina's

6 mei 2010

A dream come true...

Through the years I used numerous compact cameras from unknown brands to Sony, Canon and Nikon. I've been ready for a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera like forever, but the money/price was always a big issue. So I just put the whole DSLR thing as far back in my mind as I could and tried to not crave for something like that until I could afford it...

Yesterday (on V-E day) a dream came true for me. My bf bought me my first DSLR for my birthday!!! I'm so freaking HAPPY!!! :D


The big day
Our original plan was to buy my camera after my exams, so I could focus on my exams and not take photos all day. But plan changed! What the heck! Still plenty of time to make photos and study :p Tuesday would've been the big day, but my bf had to work till 6 PM and because of Remembrance of the Dead on May 4th the store closed at 6 PM :( So the next day after breakfast (9.30 AM, that's pretty early for me!) we went to the store. I tried to stay calm, but I was so freaking nervous, happy, scared, anxious... 1000 emotions running through me! This is something I wanted for such a long time and I couldn't believe that a DSLR actually would be mine in a few minutes. On my way to the checkout I felt like a bride with a flower bouquet in her hands walking down the aisle. I know it sounds silly, but that's what went though my mind (don't ask me why).
On our way back home I was all happy and teary eyed of happiness, but everything totally changed when I opened the box at home..... It was a used camera? IT WASN'T BRAND NEW! )&*&&%$#_@#%&*)*()*&%@!!!@#* The LCD-screen had a few scratches, the lens was dirty, it has already been unboxed... my heart sank...... -sigh-
We went back to the store and I got a brand new box (checked it thoroughly ofcourse). The salesman didn't look suprised at all. Bastard! He probably knew! :@
But onces again.. on our way home... I couldn't be happier!


These are probably one of the few last photos with my compact camera(s) that I love dearly...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
*oops! Didn't clean my LCD before I took a pic

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Proud owner of a Canon EOS 550d aka Rebel T2i aka Kiss X4 Digital

One day I hope I'll make photos (almost) as beautiful/cool/extraordinary as the professionals! :) and be a great model ahhahah! No just kidding! Even though I love love love making photos, I hate being in/posing for photos! I'd rather be behind the camera! (I admit... it's probably lack of confidence and patience in front of the camera hihi)


You might also like:



3 opmerkingen:

jmediadump zei

I love to see you happy like that :)

Hue zei

Aw je hebt hem eindelijk! Deze wel uit Japan? haha

Cecilia zei

Jaa! Uit Japan hahah :p

Een reactie posten